Cougar Cheer is a sport that teaches our youth the fundamentals of Cheerleading. Our coaches will utilize teamwork to develop physical skills, leadership skills, self-esteem and confidence all while building lifelong friendships. The cheerleaders participate in sideline cheer during the Garden City Cougar football games and participate in a competition at the end of the season.
The season runs from the end of July to mid November. Our competition, Cheer Rally, is held on November 10th; please note that participating in the competition is optional and will be discussed at the beginning of the season.
Practices begin at the end of July, please see the individual team pages for practice days and times. Please note that practice days and times are subject to change; practices typically increase around Homecoming and Competition time. (not to exceed 2 hours a day and 8 hours a week)
2018 Season Registration Info
Registration Fee: $75 (cash, check or money order)
Open Registration begins March 19, 2018 and ends April 13, 2018. (see below for instructions on registering)
There will be one in person registration held on March 25th at Garden City Middle School Gym from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Instructions for Open Registration
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org ,indicating your daughter’s name, DOB, Grade (come Sept 2018), Parent/Guardian name & contact information.
- You will receive an email back letting you know if your daughter is on the team or if the spots have been filled.
- If you receive an email stating your daughter is on the team, please respond back as to whether you are still interested.
- If you accept, please send your registration form (located on the main page under documents and forms) & fee immediately to PO BOX 888, Garden City, MI, 48136 (also please indicate in your acceptance email your check number that is being sent)
Registration is based on a first come first serve basis, until the team is full. (All email is date and time stamped to ensure the first come first serve rule)
PLEASE MAKE CHECKS or MONEY ORDERS MADE PAYABLE TO GCYAA
Approximate costs for the 2018 season
**We will have a couple off season fundraisers to help with the uniform, apparel package and other items needed for the cheer teams**
- Registration Fee ($75, due at time of registration)
- Uniform (@$100, due at time of apparel fitting in June)
- Apparel Package (@$200, due at time of apparel fitting in June) This will include shoes, bodysuit, briefs, socks, 2 t-shirts, 2 bows, warm ups, practice poms and cheer bag.
- 3 mandatory fundraisers during the season to help with costs for Homecoming & the end of the year Banquet (there is an option for an opt out fee)
- Homecoming and/or Competition gift: ($20-$25; due during the season)
- Competition outfit (@$40; due during the season)
- Spirit wear: (optional and prices vary based on item)
- Parents are required to volunteer three times during the season for each child. (there is an option for an opt out fee)
VOLUNTEER SIGN UPS
(See the Volunteer Policy for detailed info)
PLEASE BE SURE TO SIGN UP FOR YOUR 3 REQUIRED VOLUNTEER SPOTS. (the volunteer link can be found under the more info tab then volunteer. Please note that the volunteer link will not open until the 2018 season starts, we will be sure to notify the parents when the link becomes available)
All volunteer checks need to be turned in by the first week of practice; your check will not be cashed and will be returned once you complete your 3 volunteer spots.
For scores, standings and rules please go to: http://www.eteamz.com/wsjfl/