Cougar Cheer is a sport that teaches our youth the fundamentals of Cheerleading. Our coaches will utilize teamwork to develop physical skills, leadership skills, self-esteem and confidence all while building lifelong friendships. The cheerleaders participate in sideline cheer during the Garden City Cougar football games and participate in a competition at the end of the season.
The cheer season runs from August to the beginning of November. The cheerleaders will compete in one competition, Cheerfest, in the beginning of November.
Practices start at the beginning of August, please see the individual team pages for practice days and times. Please note that practice days and times are subject to change; practices will increase around Homecoming and Competition time. (Not to exceed 2.5 hours a day and 10 hours a week) Practices are held at Moeller field, once the weather gets colder practices will be moved indoors.
2022 Cheer Registration will start March 15th!!
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your daughter’s name and grade in the Fall 2022. Each email is time stamped and teams are filled on a first-come, first served basis. If there is an opening, you will receive an email with confirmation that we are temporarily reserving a spot for your Cheerleader. You will then need to promptly send the forms and payment in through the mail (Mail or drop off at 29614 John Hauk St, Garden City, MI 48135), or register online to secure your spot.
Forms needed for registration are located in the Forms section
- Registration Form
- Code of Conduct
- Attendance Form
- Volunteer Policy Form
- Concussion Form
- Birth Certificate (veteran’s will not need to submit a new copy – we have the form on file from previous years)
- Sports Physical dated after April 15th 2022, due before first practice
Approximate costs for the 2022 season
**We will have at least two individual off-season fundraisers to help with the uniform and apparel package. It is absolutely possible to cover the entire cost of their uniform/apparel package through pre-season fundraising**
- Registration Fee ($75, due at time of registration)
- Uniform Package (Approximately $295, due at time of apparel fitting in June) This will include full uniform, shoes, warm-up jacket, leggings, bag & 3 bows.
- Mandatory fundraisers will be held during the season to help with costs for Homecoming & the end of the year Banquet. There is an option for an opt out fee.
- Spiritwear: (Optional and prices vary based on item)
- Parents are required to volunteer three times during the season for each child. There is an option for an opt out fee.
VOLUNTEER SIGN UPS
(See the Volunteer Policy for detailed info)
PLEASE BE SURE TO SIGN UP FOR YOUR 3 REQUIRED VOLUNTEER SPOTS.
The volunteer link can be found under the more info tab > volunteer.
Please note that the volunteer link will not open until the 2022 season starts, we will be sure to notify the parents when the link becomes available.
All volunteer checks need to be turned in by the first week of practice; your check will not be cashed and will be returned once you complete your 3 volunteer spots.