2023 Flag Cheer registration is open – All other teams are full!
Cougar Cheer is a sport that teaches our youth the fundamentals of Cheerleading. Our coaches will utilize teamwork to develop physical skills, leadership skills, self-esteem and confidence all while building lifelong friendships. The cheerleaders participate in sideline cheer during the Garden City Cougar Football games and participate in Cheerfest; a competition at the end of the season.
The cheer season runs from July 24 – October 28, 2023. We will wrap things up with an awards banquet in November and we will walk in the Santaland Parade on November 25.
Practices begin the week of July 24th! Please see the individual team pages for practice days and times. Please note that practice days and times are subject to change; practices will increase around Homecoming and Competition time. (Not to exceed 2.5 hours a day and 10 hours a week) Practices are held at Moeller field, once the weather gets colder practices will be moved indoors.
Approximate costs for the 2023 season
**We will have at least two individual off-season fundraisers to help with the uniform and apparel package. It is absolutely possible to cover the entire cost of the uniform/apparel package through pre-season fundraising**
- Registration Fee ($85, due at time of registration)
- Uniform Package (Approximately $380, due at time of apparel fitting in May) This will include skirt, shell, bodysuit, briefs, shoes, poms, warm-up jacket & pants, backpack & 3 bows in a protective case.
- Mandatory fundraisers will be held during the season to help with costs for Homecoming & the end of the year Banquet. There is an option for an opt out fee.
- Spiritwear: (Optional and prices vary based on item)
- Parents are required to volunteer 2-3 times during the season for each child. There is an option for an opt out fee.