Cougar Cheer is a sport that teaches our youth the fundamentals of Cheerleading. Our coaches will utilize teamwork to develop physical skills, leadership skills, self-esteem and confidence all while building lifelong friendships. The cheerleaders participate in sideline cheer during the Garden City Cougar football games and participate in a competition at the end of the season.
The season runs from the end of Auguat to the beginning of November. Cheerfest (cheer competition) has been cancelled for the 2020 season due to numerous COVID guidelines and uncertainties.
Practices start at the beginning of August, please see the individual team pages for practice days and times. Please note that practice days and times are subject to change; practices will increase around Homecoming and Competition time. (not to exceed 2 hours a day and 8 hours a week) Practices are held at Moeller field, once the weather gets colder practices will be moved indoors to a Garden City elementary school gym.
2020 Cheer Registration is open still August 1st
- The registration is based on a first come first serve basis till the teams are full.
- In order to secure your spot, please email email@example.com and indicate your daughter’s name and grade in the Fall 2020. Each email is time stamped so it is based on first come first serve. You will receive a confirmation back if there is a spot on the team, you will then need to send the forms and payment in through the mail. (mail to 6566 Helen, Garden City, MI 48135)
- Forms needed for registration
- Registration Form
- Code of Conduct
- Attendance Form
- Volunteer Policy Form
- Concussion Form (veteran’s do not need to complete another form, we have the form on file from last year)
- Birth Certificate
- Sports Physical dated after April 15th 2020, due before first practice
Approximate costs for the 2020 season
**We will have one individual off-season fundraiser to help with the uniform and apparel package. In the past parents have been able to cover the entire cost of their uniform/apparel package through fundraising** NOTE: Unfortunately, due to the stay at home order, we are unable to have our normal off-season fundraiser
- Registration Fee ($75, due at time of registration)
- Apparel Package (@$85, due at time of apparel fitting) This will include game shirt, game bow, warm up jacket, practice poms and cheer bag.
- Optional embroidery on bag and warm up jacket (@$26, due at time of apparel fitting)
- Cheer shoes & Leggings (@$55 to be purchased separately by parents, details to be give at apparel fitting)
- Mandatory fundraisers during the season to help with costs for Homecoming & the end of the year Banquet (there is an option for an opt out fee)
- Spirit wear: (optional and prices vary based on item)
- Parents are required to volunteer three times during the season for each child. (there is an option for an opt out fee of $120)
VOLUNTEER SIGN UPS
(See the Volunteer Policy for detailed info)
PLEASE BE SURE TO SIGN UP FOR YOUR 3 REQUIRED VOLUNTEER SPOTS. (the volunteer link can be found under the more info tab then volunteer. Please note that the volunteer link will not open until the 2019 season starts, we will be sure to notify the parents when the link becomes available)
All volunteer checks need to be turned in by the first week of practice; your check will not be cashed and will be returned once you complete your 3 volunteer spots.